Capture Module CAN Combo
The Capture Module CAN Combo is used to capture traffic from the conventional CAN busses, as well as CAN-FD, FlexRay and RS-232. The traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and is delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp.
All logged data are provided in standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP). This protocol enables traceability of the source of traffic, on-the-source timestamp, packet counter, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network. The PLP protocol is supported, in addition. The Capture Module emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution supported by its extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 (or Standard Ethernet).
Several devices can be used to capture data on the same setup, as soon as more CAN ports are needed, or in case other IVN technologies have to be captured. The built-in synchronization using 802.1AS allows a simultaneous use of the Capture Module CAN Combo together with the other IVN2Eth Capture Modules. This means that the cascading with any other device within Capture Modules group of Technica Engineering is possible, but also with third party hardware and software.
Via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module CAN Combo, the device can easily be configured on a browser website. Additionally, it includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
The Capture Module CAN Combo includes a Startup Buffer and the High-Speed Startup feature, so the initial startup information is instantly captured. This way, the device is able to record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems, without missing any message in the communication between devices.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Modules are a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the automotive field.
Our new generation of devices is developed to fulfil the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the mainstream of OEMs in the field.
The variety of additional features makes the Capture Module Ethernet Combo a great choice for general-purpose testing.
- 6x CAN /CAN-FD
- 1x FlexRay (channel A)
- 2x RS-232/TTL
- Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is royalty free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4), GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
- Configure easily via webserver or via dedicated UDP frames
- Network Time Synchronization supporting several standards- allows to synchronize multiple CM CAN Combos or other Capture Module variants
- Cascading for synchronization of multiple devices
- Source Timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High Speed Startup
- Startup Buffer
- Output Traffic Shaping
- Traffic injection
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Wake-up capable (also via CAN/-FD)
- Extended power mode for car integration
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- High voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 129x 120 (134) x 32 mm