for Interoperability (IOP) Test of 100BASE-T1 devices
Answering the need of the industry for 100BASE-T1 physical layer testing, Technica Engineering developed the Golden Device.
This is the first commercial product for the execution of tests based on OPEN Alliance TC8 Layer 1 IOP. It has the original reference circuit used for the standardization of 100BASE-T1 and the required external circuits for the execution of the tests based on (version 1).
The origin of the Golden Device goes back to 2008, when Technica Engineering carried out the electrical evaluation of BroadR-Reach(TM) with BMW and Broadcom. Following the establishment of the OPEN Alliance in 2011, the standardization of IEEE 100BASE-T1 began and the introduction of second sources took place.
Technica Engineering took the task, alongside BMW, to desktop and implement physical layer tests and the result was submitted to the OPEN Alliance TC1 and ultimately, TC8.
The Golden Device, alongside ANDi tool and ANDi GD add-on, provides step-by-step guidance and automation of the execution of tests based on Link-up Time (version 1 and 2), Signal Quality (version 1) and Cable Diagnostics (version 1 and 2). Every test case requires a specific setup and cabling, which is indicated by the ANDi GD add-on via photos and instructions.
Using additional equipment of Rohde & Schwarz (RTO-B6 noise generator and RT-ZF7 adapter boards), the test based on Signal Quality (version 2) can be executed with the Golden Device.
- 3x 100BASE-T1
- DUT power supply and wakeup line
- ANDi Tool and ANDi Golden Device add-on for guided execution of the test cases (every test case requires different cabling and setup)
- External circuits for tests based on OPEN Alliance TC8 IOP integrated
- Tyco MQS connectors for 100BASE-T1, CAN and Power Supply
- Webserver for easy configurations
- Possibility to reset to default settings by pushbutton
- Robuts stainless steel case
- Execute the tests based on OPEN Alliance TC8 Layer 1 IOP: Link-up Time (v1 and v2), Signal Quality (v1), Cable Diagnostics (v1 and v2)
- Combine the Golden Device and the ANDi Golden Device Add-on with Rohde & Schwarz RTO-6 and RT-ZF7 board set for execution of OPEN Alliance TC8 Layer 1 IOP tests Signal Quality (v2)
- Disclaimer: the successful execution of tests with these devices does not provide certification of any kind. Certifications can only be provided by corresponding test houses.
FINDEN SIE HIER