MediaGateway from Technica Engineering is a development tool for testing and analyzing on-board vehicle networks. Media Gateway features 3x in-built automotive Ethernet switches, which means it can feature many Layer 2 functions (OSI Model from the International Organization for Standardization). It is equipped with 12x 100BASE-T1 ports. These ports are capable of bi-directional communication and enable capture of traffic between devices while maintaining the normal communication. It also enables the user to interact with connected DUTs in a test bench or Hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems. With the support of single VLANs (802.1q) and double VLAN tags (802.1q-in-q), it can conveniently be adapted in a test setup. It also features port mirroring, forwarding, address resolution table and many more. The Media Gateway is also capable of acting as a gPTP bridge node (802.1AS) to assist in time synchronization.
Media Gateway is the right fit for subsystem testing stations and can also be installed in a test vehicle without complications. The Media Gateway uses standard 1000BASE-T interfaces that means it can be coupled with any hardware or software tool supporting 1000BASE-T technology. It is configured conveniently via a browser through the integrated user-friendly web server. It is also equipped with 1x SFP slot, which supports commercial grade SFP modules like standard Ethernet SFPs (100BASE-Tx/1000BASE-T), automotive Ethernet SFPs (100/1000BASE-T1) and Optical Fiber SFPs.
An additional and optional CAN-Ethernet bi-directional conversion is available on the Media Gateway which enables it to act as a Gateway for 5x CAN Channels. An additional feature for FlexRay logging via Ethernet is also available. The Media Gateway comes with 2x WakeUp lines to optimize the power consumption.
Technica Engineering always tends to focus on providing futuristic solutions for the current problems in the automotive world. The need for our Media Gateway arose from the increasing tendency towards 100BASE-T1 technology, together with the need for both developing and testing on-board vehicle networks using this technology. Because of its remarkable features, the Media Gateway has been a popular product in the portfolio since 2011 and counting.
- 12 Broadcom 100BASE-T1 ports (100 MBit/s full duplex on a single unshielded twisted pair)
- 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 SFP Gigabit Ethernet port
- Automotive Tyco MQS connectors for 100BASE-T1 and power supply
- Web server for easy configuration: Master/Slave, HalfOut/FullOut, Port Forwarding, Port Mirroring, VLAN Tagging
- WakeUp function by CAN Bus or Wakeline
- Power output for attached devices: VBAT max. 1 Ampere in total
- 19 status LEDs
- Possibility to reset to default settings by pushbutton
- Robust, galvanized sheet steel with black powder coating housing Power requirement: 8 to 16 V DC, power consumption: 8 Watt
- Power requirement: 8 to 16 V DC, power consumption: 8 Watt
- Size: 195 x 143 x 33 mm
- 802.1AS Bridge function