MediaGateway from Technica Engineering is a development tool for testing and analyzing on-board vehicle networks.
MediaGateway from Technica Engineering is the most widely used development and testing tool for on-board vehicle networks using 100BASE-T1. It’s in-built automotive switches and 12 x 100BASE-T1 ports enable both capture of traffic between devices while maintaining the normal communication, as well as interaction with such devices via your test set-up. It supports single and double tagging of VLANs, Mirroring, Forwarding and more.
MediaGateway is excellently suitable for subsystem testing stations and can also be installed in a test vehicle without complications. It is configured conveniently via a browser through the integrated web server.
An additional and optional CAN-Ethernet bi-directional conversion is available, as well as FlexRay logging via Ethernet and one SFP slot.
The SFP slot supports commercial-grade SFP modules (e.g. optical or RJ-45) as well as our 100BASE-T1 SFP Module in order to get a 13th Automotive Ethernet Port or our 1000BASE-T1 SFP Module – this makes the MediaGateway ready for Automotive Gigabit Ethernet!
- 12 Broadcom 100BASE-T1 ports (100 MBit/s full duplex on a single unshielded twisted pair)
- 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 SFP Gigabit Ethernet port
- Automotive Tyco MQS connectors for 100BASE-T1 and power supply
- Web server for easy configuration: Master/Slave, HalfOut/FullOut, Port Forwarding, Port Mirroring, VLAN Tagging
- WakeUp function by CAN Bus or Wakeline
- Power output for attached devices: VBAT max. 1 Ampere in total
- 19 status LEDs
- Possibility to reset to default settings by pushbutton
- Robust steel case
- Power requirement: 8 to 16 V DC, power consumption: 8 Watt
- Size: 195 x 143 x 33 mm
- 802.1AS Bridge function