Enhanced Ethernet Switch H-MTD
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch (EES) H-MTD from Technica Engineering is an Automotive Ethernet switch with strong AVB/TSN capabilities that allows the users to connect up to 8x gigabit ethernet ports and 2x 1Gb/10Gb ports available through SFP+ connectors. It is the successor of the Technica Media Gateway.
It can establish virtual point-to-point connections, using single tagged VLANs (802.1q) and double-tagged VLANs (802.1q-in-q), thus enabling filter and control over data streams. Each port provides 8-levels of Quality of Services (QoS) classes and advanced traffic filtering capabilities with ingress and egress rules, which ensures the prioritization, resource reservation, and control mechanisms over the data received.
Through an internal configuration website, the user can easily configure the device for their use cases, abstracting the complex underlying switch hardware. This includes: VLANs, port mirroring, forwarding or filtering, deep inspection through TCAM rules, port segmentation, and many other features offered by Layer 2 switches.
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch provides a reliable gPTP/802.1AS automotive profile stack for time synchronization that allows strong customization possibilities to adapt to any customer use case. Our product is also capable of Audio Video Bridging (AVB) functions with the possibility to statically configure stream reservation and shaping features (802.1Qav).
The Enhanced Ethernet Switch is also prepared for additional TSN functionalities support: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, and Qbu. Customer specific use cases can be supported, if needed. Contact the Technica Engineering sales team for additional information.
The product also provides wake-up and sleep features.
Via the configuration website, the Marvell 88Q2112 A2 PHY’s “IEEE mode”, as well as the “Legacy mode” are supported by the EES. For a detailed technical description, please check the User Manual of the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
Technica Engineering launches this device with three variants to provide more flexibility to the users.
- Variant 1: EES with 8x MATEnet connectors (TE-2000)
- Variant 2: EES with 8x H-MTD connectors (TE-2001)
- Variant 3: EES with 8x RJ-45 connectors (TE-2002)
- 8x 100/1000BASE-T1 H-MTD ports
- 2x SFP+ Ports for Logging data output (up to 10Gps each)
- 1x 100BASE-T Fast Ethernet Port for configuration
- Easy configuration via webserver and remote configuration messages
- Import and export of configurations
- Wake up / sleep functionality
- Possibility to reset to default settings by push button
- Automotive ethernet variants are dual speed capable 100/1000BASE-T1
- Time synchronization: 802.1AS automotive profile (gPTP) support
- Individual use cases for the following TSN functionalities as on-demand support: 802.1Qav, Qci, Qbv, Qbu (check with our Technical Sales Team)
- Extended voltage range: 12-to-24-volt automotive battery voltage systems compatible
- Extended operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Robust steel case
- Size: 164x120x35 mm
If you have any question or you are wishing to receive the User Manual or more information on Enhanced Ethernet Switch H-MTD, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org