Capture Module LIN Combo
The Capture Module LIN Combo is used to capture the traffic from the conventional LIN busses, as well as differential and grounded analog signals. The traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp for the analysis of AVB/ TSN traffic.
The Capture Module LIN Combo provides all logged data in standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP). The TECMP protocol allows for traceability of the source of traffic, on-the-source timestamps, packet counters, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network. The PLP protocol is supported, in addition. The Capture Module LIN Combo emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution supported by its extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 (or Standard Ethernet) and contain the responding time information of when they were captured.
Several devices can be used to capture data on your setup as soon as more interfaces are needed, or in case other IVN technologies have to be captured. The built-in-synchronization using 802.1AS allows a simultaneous use of the Capture Module LIN Combo together with other IVN2Eth Capture Modules. This means that the cascading with any other device within the Capture Modules group of Technica Engineering is possible, but also with third party hardware and software.
Via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module LIN Combo, the device can easily be configured on a browser website. Additionally, it includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
The Capture Module LIN Combo includes a Startup Buffer and the High-Speed Startup feature, so the initial Startup information is not lost. This way, the device is able to record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Modules are a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the automotive field. Our new generation of devices is developed to fulfil the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the mainstream of OEMs in the field.
The variety of additional features makes the Capture Module LIN Combo a great choice for a large variety of testing activities.
- 10x LIN
- 4x Analog inputs
- 2x Analog inputs (galvanically isolated)
- Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is royalty free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4), GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
- Configure easily via webserver or via dedicated UDP frames
- Network Time Synchronization supporting several standards- allows to synchronize multiple CM CAN Combos or other Capture Module variants
- Cascading for synchronization of multiple devices
- Source Timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High-speed startup
- Startup buffer
- Output traffic shaping
- Traffic injection
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Wake-up capable (also via CAN/-FD)
- Extended power mode for car integration
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- High voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 129x 121 (133) x 32 mm