CM LIN Combo
The Capture Module LIN Combo is an active tap device that can be used to capture the traffic from the conventional LIN busses, as well as differential and grounded analogue signals. The data traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp for the analysis of AVB/ TSN traffic. With a traffic shaping feature included, the logged output of many bus channels is transferred to a data logger or test PC in a steady manor, eliminating bursts that might lead to a loss of data.
The Capture Module LIN Combo provides all logged data in standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP). The TECMP is an open protocol that allows for traceability of the source of messages, on-the-source timestamps, packet counters, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network. The PLP protocol is supported, in addition. The Capture Module LIN Combo emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution supported by its extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 (or Standard Ethernet) and contain the responding time information of when they were captured.
Several devices can be used to capture data on your setup as soon as more interfaces are needed, or in case other IVN technologies have to be captured. The built-in-synchronization using 802.1AS allows a simultaneous use of the Capture Module LIN Combo together with other Capture Modules. This means that the cascading with any other device within the Capture Modules group of Technica Engineering is possible, but also with other products like the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
Via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module LIN Combo, the device can easily be configured on a browser website. Additionally, it includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
The Capture Module LIN Combo includes a Startup Buffer and High-Speed Startup feature (< 200ms), so the initial Startup information of ECUs is not lost. This way, the device is able to record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Modules are a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the automotive field. Our new generation of devices is developed to fulfil the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the mainstream of OEMs in the field.
The variety of additional features of this tap device makes the Capture Module LIN Combo a great choice for a large variety of testing activities.
- 10x LIN
- 4x Analogue inputs
- 2x Analogue inputs (galvanically isolated)
- Use of the Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is open, royalty free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4). GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
- Easy configuration via webserver or via dedicated UDP frames
- Network Time Synchronization supporting several standards (gPTP / 802.1AS, PTPv2) – This allows to synchronize multiple Capture Modules
- Cascading for synchronization of multiple devices
- Source Timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High-speed startup (<200ms)
- Startup buffer
- Output traffic shaping
- Traffic injection
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Wake-up capable (also via CAN/-FD)
- Extended power mode for car integration
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- Input voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 129x 121 (133) x 32 mm
If you have any question or you are wishing to receive the User Manual or more information on CM LIN Combo, feel free to contact us at email@example.com