CM Ethernet Combo
The Capture Module Ethernet Combo is an active tap that can be used to capture the traffic from 1 x 1000BASE-T1 line (between two DUTs) and 2 x 100BASE-T1 (between four DUTs) lines correspondingly. The traffic is captured without causing interference on the network and is delivered with a 40 ns resolution hardware time stamp, making the analysis of AVB/ TSN traffic possible. With a traffic shaping feature included, the logged output of many bus channels is transferred to a data logger or test PC in a steady manor, eliminating bursts that might lead to a loss of data.
All logged data are provided in standard Ethernet frames via the Technically Enhanced Capture Modules Protocol (TECMP). This protocol enables traceability of the source of traffic, on-the-source timestamp, packet counter, etc., making Ethernet the ideal logging network. The PLP protocol is supported, in addition. The Capture Module Ethernet Combo emits messages timestamped with 40ns resolution, providing a fast and efficient solution supported by its Extended Power Mode for car integration. Messages are sent within the PDUs of Ethernet MAC II frames via 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1.
Several Capture Module devices can be used to capture data on your setup, as soon as more Ethernet ports are needed, or different bus systems have to be captured. The built-in synchronization using 802.1AS allows a simultaneous use of the Capture Module Ethernet Combo together with other Capture Modules. This means that the cascading with any other device within the Capture Modules group of Technica Engineering is possible, but also with other products like the Enhanced Ethernet Switch.
Via the built-in webserver of the Capture Module Ethernet Combo, the device can easily be configured on a browser website. Additionally, it includes a rotary switch for the manual configuration of its IP addresses.
The Capture Module Ethernet Combo includes a Startup Buffer and the High-Speed Startup feature (<200 ms), so the initial startup information is instantly captured. Thereby, the device is able to record all the important information emitted by the vehicle systems, without missing any message in the communication between devices.
Via the configuration website, the Marvell 88Q2112 A2 PHY’s “IEEE mode”, as well as the “Legacy mode” are supported by the Capture Module Ethernet Combo. For a detailed technical description, please check the User Manual.
Technica Engineering´s Capture Modules are a highly innovative and unique traffic capturing solution, with exclusive characteristics adapted to the current technological requirements in the Automotive field.
Our new generation of active tap devices, the Capture Module family, is developed to fulfil the most critical requirements in contemporary automotive ECU development, which is the reason why our products are used by the mainstream OEMs in the field.
The variety of additional features makes the Capture Module Ethernet Combo a great choice for a variety of testing scenarios.
- 1 Link Line 1000BASE-T1 (2 ports)
- 2 Link Line 100BASE-T1 (4 ports)
- Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), which is royalty free and provides timestamping, source information, etc. (natively supported in Wireshark (v3.4), GPL C libraries for conversion to PCAPNG available at https://github.com/Technica-Engineering)
- Configure easily via webserver or via dedicated UDP frames
- Network Time Synchronization supporting several standards- allows to synchronize multiple CM Ethernet Combos or other Capture Module variants
- Cascading for synchronization of multiple devices
- Source Timestamping with 40 ns resolution
- High-speed startup
- Startup buffer
- Output traffic shaping
- AVB/TSN capture capable
- Time-aware injection
- Rotary switch for manual configuration of the device IP address (Gbit, RJ-45)
- Wake-up capable
- Extended power mode for car integration
- Optimized for automotive and automotive-like use-cases
- Input voltage range: 12 to 24 volt DC
- Robust galvanized sheet steel with black powder coated housing
- Size: 137 x 129 x 33 mm
If you have any question or you are wishing to receive the User Manual or more information on CM Ethernet Combo, feel free to contact us at email@example.com