ANDi Ethernet Test Suite
The ANDi Ethernet Test Suite (ETS) is a solution from Technica Engineering that is adapted together with OEMs to test 1) the component functionality and 2) the system-level compatibility of ECUs from the beginning of their development. For Tier 1 suppliers, the ANDi ETS can be seen as a purchasable testsuite with OEM-tailored test cases that allows the Tier 1 to develop and test an ECU so it can perfectly integrate into the OEM system. With the ANDi ETS, we have developed a product-based service for OEMs that supports their Tier1s in the successful introduction of Automotive Ethernet in their development and testing process for ECUs. The ANDi Ethernet Test Suite is used in addition to the Open Alliance TC8 test cases, to cover OEM specific test scenarios that are not addressed by the TC8.
The ANDi ETS enables the user with extensive features and functionalities to execute a large variety of (Automotive) Ethernet Tests: TCP/IP stack, SOME/IP stack, stress tests, tests for diagnostic jobs and further test cases depending on individual OEM specifications.
Our engineers at Technica support customers by adapting our standard test cases to the individual Automotive Ethernet setup of an OEM, or by creating completely new OEM specific test cases – and thereby provide the OEM an automated testing tool that can be handed out to Tier 1s in order to check if their ECU development fits the OEM’s requirements for Automotive Ethernet. The Ethernet test suite is an addon for our ANDi (Automotive Network Diagoser) software.
Technica Engineering’s know-how in creating test cases for Automotive Ethernet is based on long-term consulting experience with major European OEMs in the introduction of SOME/IP, SOME/IP-SD and other communication protocols in their modern E/E architectures. The most important test categories are: Enhanced Testability Service, protocol tests, integration tests, negative tests and stress tests. A test report is created after every execution including the original and complete traffic generated during the execution in PCAP format. Other formats can be made available to fit the OEMs’ needs.
ECUs with both 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1 interfaces can be tested with this suite, also when CAN, FlexRay or LIN are part of their peripheral interfaces. Whenever diagnostics, the start-up process, the shut-down process or Network Management are part of the necessary test sequence, either the OEM’s central Gateway or the Test Suite itself provides all required communication.
We offer professional support in the analysis and interpretation of the test results and provide a technical feedback in terms of how to fix errors when test cases fail. Moreover, whenever there are updates in the test specifications, our engineers keep the ANDi ETS tests up to date!
The ANDi ETS provides customers with a comprehensive and elaborated component test solution, which speeds up the time-to-market dramatically by repeated automated tests that can be executed directly by the Tier 1 supplier and prior to the software delivery to the OEM. These tests can be integrated in a continuous integration environment to achieve the highest degree of automation. The test cases are configured according to the OEM network interface description and provide appropriate client-server simulations to execute all available test cases.
For more information, please get in touch with us via email@example.com!!
- Individual OEM test cases (SOME/IP, etc.)
- Includes the official protocol tests specified by individual OEMs (Technica Engineering can also consult in the development of the test specification itself)
- Complete test setup provided by Technica Engineering (and OEM components, such as a gateway ECU)
- Support in test result interpretation and fault analysis
- Continuous updating of the ANDi Ethernet Test Suite based on OEM requirements and official specifications (i.e. OPEN Alliance TC8)
- Test cases available as Python scripts
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 supported
- Optimal addition to the OPEN Alliance TC8 test cases (OEM specific, layer 5-7)
- Easy to use GUI to run the testcases, including filters and options that are specified for each ECU
- Possibility to run the testcases using the command line for automation purposes
- Test report with the results of all the testcases and detailed overview for each test case including traces (pcaps) and logs in Excel format
- Protocols covered: TCP/IP stack (IPv4 or IPv6), UDP-NM, DoIP, AVB, full coverage of SOME/IP, SOME/IP-SD, SOME/IP-TP including the “Enhanced Testability Service”.
FURTHER INFORMATION BELOW