100/1000BASE-T1 MediaConverter MATEnet Connector
The 100/1000BASE-T1 MediaConverter MATEnet from Technica Engineering is a smart tool used in automotive product development to test electronic control units (ECUs). It creates the link between an on-board vehicle device based on 100/1000BASE-T1 and the network interface card (NIC) of a computer belonging to the testing and development set-up. Thus, it transmits data frames directly from the physical layer 100 or 1000BASE-T1 and the physical layer 100BASE-TX or 1000BASE-T, with a deterministic and constant delay of roundabout 2 µs.
No packets are stored or modiﬁed. Technica Engineering’s new generation of MediaConverters adapts to market trends and provides the user with innovative, practical solutions. Thus, via the system connector, 3.3 V signals are made available to force slave mode and force link down, as well as to monitor the current link status. These features are one-of-a-kind for this kind of device and are very practical for use-cases,such as End-of-Line (EoL Tests), Automated Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL), and DV and PV applications and multipurpose testing under tough environments. 100/1000BASE-T1 MediaConverter MATEnet provides a seamless Standard Ethernet to Automotive Ethernet conversion, through the combination of RJ-45 and MATEnet connectors.
This Fast/Gigabit (FE/GE) MediaConverter is an adequate solution to work in a quick and efficient manner in the testing of vehicle technology systems, through the 100/1000BASE-T1 technologies, which is of high demand by the OEMs and Tier 1s of the Automotive sector.
By using the Marvell 88Q2112 A2 transceiver, we ensure a reliable and effective tool to our customers that are looking for a cost-efficient, quick and manageable solution for their testing requirements of devices equipped with 1000BASE-T1 phys.
This functionality is complemented by MediaConverter’s DIP switches, which allow the configuration of modes in an effortless manner, making the product an easy-to-use tool. For ease of use, the DIP switches provide selection of master/slave, 100 or 1000Mbit/s, Legacy or IEEE Mode, and frame generation (to generate Ethernet Frames for 100/1000Mbps modes).
The 100/1000BASE-T1 MediaConverter is the ideal smart, easy-to-use solution for working efficiently with Automotive Ethernet, and it fulfils the increasing need for testing and validation solutions of state-of-the-art communication technologies in next generation of vehicle systems.
- 1 Port 100/1000BASE-T1 Ethernet with Marvell 88Q2112 A2 Transceiver (100/1000 MBit/s, Fullduplex, on a single unshielded twisted pair cable with MATEnet connector)
- 1 Port 100BASE-TX / 1000BASE-T Standard Ethernet with RJ-45 connector
- 1 Port 100BASE-TX / 1000BASE-T Ethernet with RJ-45 connector
- Power MQS connector
- Special MQS connector (Input signal enabling force slave mode and force link down / Output signal providing signal link status)
- Micro HDMI debug connector
- 4 DIP Switches for easy configuration (master/slave, 100/1000 Mbit/s, Legacy/IEEE mode, Frame Generation)
- Status LEDs
- Voltage range: 12 volts-24 volts
- Robust, galvanized sheet steel with black powder coating housing
- Size 89 x 72 x 28 mm
FURTHER INFORMATION BELOW